WWF European Policy Programme – Branch Office
The goal of WWF is to conserve the natural wealth of the Mediterranean and to promote sustainable environment-friendly practices for the benefit of all.
- Conservation of forest, freshwater and marine ecosystems, promoting the establishment of protected areas and resource use practices that maintain biodiversity and ecological functions.
- Promoting a sustainable fisheries regime in the entire basin.
- Preventing nature loss from mass tourism.
- Ensuring that the EU Mediterranean policy is ecologically sustainable and socially equitable.
- Improving and implementing measures against pollution through the Barcelona Convention.
- Supporting the development and growth of environmental NGOs.
- Communications and advocacy to inform people, to raise awareness and to persuade decision makers and stakeholders to act.